Thursday, October 7, 2010

OUCH!

As I was sitting quietly, minding my own business The Moose decided to come up and get my attention.  He chose a rather non-conventional method which is frowned upon by most members of society but certainly did the job to a tee.  He came as a wolf in sheep's clothing...all sweet, cute and non-assuming.  Leaned into my arm and delivered the Bite of a Hound!  He actually sunk in his teeth and pulled back for that "extra special" affect.  Instant bruising and the removal of the epidermis to the likes of which I practically fell out of my seat.  A scream matching the kid from Home Alone was expelled by me.  Tears of fear from the boy resembling that of a crocodile.  I can't say I question why he did it, as I enjoy a good bite as much as the next gal.  But there is just something about a 6am delivery of such an unexpected blow that is so jarring it makes the whole thing just wrong.  I am intrigued to know if my antics and upheaval will inspire him to do it again or not even consider it.  I remember the first time Mya bit me (whilst be old enough to know what she was doing), I was drying her off after a shower and she just leaned over and bit me.  The blasted arm again.  In sheer reflex I bit her back.  Call CPS right now, I know!  While it hurt her and she cried, she decided that it was a game and a few days later returned moves and bit me in the back this time.  Holy hell did I scream...she got only a little skin in her teeth and pulled back in one quick and sudden movement.  I had to get my wits about me the second time around a deliver the "Time Out" instead of corporal punishment.  That coupled with the blood curdling scream and the Eye of the Tiger that I gave her has seemingly curbed her enthusiasm for the game as she hasn't done such since.  We shall see how this plays out in the boy version.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment